5 Gifts for Young Professional Women
I have become an avid reader of Newly Corporate over the past few weeks and had never noticed the absence of a female voice on the blog. That is until the 19 Great Gift Ideas for Young Professionals post last week. I immediately contacted BrandonA who urged me to come up with my own list of gift ideas – the female version. The following is what I have come up with. Enjoy ladies (and men who are planning to buy gifts for the ladies)!
1) Trip to the Spa: Aveda salons and spas are definitely my favorite. Anything from a massage to a pedicure or facial will do. Normally, I am not much of a fan of gift cards, but spa certificates are different. These are services many women would not buy for themselves on a regular basis. Sometimes we need that extra push…
2) Women’s Laptop Tote: Many companies provide laptop bags, but women tend to need additional things throughout the day and seem to run out of space quickly. Having to carry both a laptop bag and a purse is just plain annoying. A thick padding for the laptop is essential and the more inner pockets for toiletries, snacks, and everything else a woman typically throws in her purse, the better. Also, do not be afraid to lean toward the more feminine bags. Try not to go overboard, though! (You still want to be taken seriously.)
3) Pearls: An instant classic touch to almost any business outfit (or little black dress for that matter).
4) Glassware: A Girls’ Night In is not complete without the proper glassware. My friends and I are big fans of wine and movie nights so a nice set of wine glasses are vital.
5) Bath & Body: Once again, Aveda tops my list. Anything from shampoos and conditioners to makeup, skincare products, and travel size hand cream. They have it all AND they are friendly to the environment.
This post was sent in by MeganW, a reader and fellow Newly Corporate Generation Y professional, employed by a large firm in Milwaukee, WI. Give her some encouragement in the comments and maybe she’ll stick around and post more often!
- Modite - 12 reasons why being a woman leader is challenging
- Newly Corporate » Blog Archive » Best of 2008
- Newly Corporate » Blog Archive » Business Trip Preparation Tips
- A Girl’s Guide to Managing Projects » Blog Archive » Carnival of project management #16