19 Great Gift Ideas for Young Professionals
Whether you’re a young professional looking for gifts to add to your list, a soon to be college grad getting a head start on your business gear, or a perplexed parent of either, the Newly Corporate team has put together a great list of gifts just for you.
The items are separated by blogger so you can click through their names and compare them to yourself or the twentysomething you are buying a gift for this Christmas season.
Its sometimes easier to say what I don’t want. I have to tell my family every year that it isn’t necassary to buy me ties. Most professional people wear business casual. Also, I prefer to purchase my own dress shirts and pants, sometimes I am picky about my looks that I have to wear everyday. But here are my top 3 gifts ideas for a corporate Gen Y’er and links to some products:
1) Briefcase/Bag - A briefcase must first be useful, it needs to hold a computer, several files, and most likely a mouse or 10 key.
2) Wine/Liquor – Not that we are drunks, but nothing beats enjoying a nice bottle of wine with your loved ones.
3) Watch – The only piece of jewelry every man needs. I personally think leather bands are more classy and dressier. However, metal watches easily go with all outfits.
4) Espresso Machine – (a decent one with more than 15 bars of pressure, > $60 <$100) Learn to really enjoy coffee the way it was meant to be. It’s embarrassing to order Cafe Americano at a chalet in the alps or at a ‘coffee shop’ in Amsterdam.
5) Garment Bag - If you don’t already have one of these, they’re indispensable. Sounds like a sucky present, but definitely something that will be used over and over again.
7)A Leather Bag – BROWN. Looks beautiful for years, even when beat up. The brown ensures it will develop a nice patina. Kind of expensive, but classy and worth it if you get a nice one.
8 ) Non-Iron Traveler Shirts – The corporate casual baseline for any young professional (especially a bachelor).
9) Any book off this list – 15 Books for Rogue Professionals and How to Read them Fast at No Cost
10) A Subscription to Beer Advocate – Appreciate the finer brews in your area and abroad.
12) A clothes steamer - because we are too lazy to iron things for real. Who owns any ironing board anyway?
13) ergoBeads wrist support – I just got one of these and it is awesome. This is necessary, cheap, and effective.
14) Nintendo DS Lite and Brain Age 2 – Everyone should get some kind of game for Christmas. Board games are good, but I want a video game. And this one won’t rot your brain.
15) Leather travel kit – This is a must have toiletry bag for any business traveler.
16) Bose Headphones - the noise canceling variety are optimal, but one step down is damn good too.
17) Apple TV - Brings your music / photos / movies /YouTube out of your computer and into the living room where they belong. There’s something beautiful about flipping through all your album art on the big screen.
18) A good cook book - This may be the first time that
we they have had to cook regularly.
19) A domain name - Give them the first step in controlling their online identity. Maybe TheirName.com or something more creative…What’s on your list? Add it as a comment!
- Newly Corporate » Blog Archive » 5 Gifts for Young Professional Women
- Modite - 12 reasons why being a woman leader is challenging
- Newly Corporate » Blog Archive » Best of Newly Corporate 2007
- Newly Corporate » Blog Archive » Why blog as a Generation Y Young Professional?
- Newly Corporate » Blog Archive » HAS ANYONE SEEN MY WALLET?: UNCLAIMED PORPERTY